After hours? Click to submit an inquiry.


Contact Us: 800-304-7404.

Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Central Time

Gifting your Shares

Gifting shares is a change in ownership to give away control and transfer mutual fund shares directly to an individual, corporation, charity, not-for-profit, church, or other entities. The entity that is being gifted those shares must be aware of the gift and complete a new account application if they do not have an account. All current owners of the account must obtain Medallion Signature Guarantee Stamps.

· Account owners gifting their shares are losing control of the account, which requires them to obtain a Medallion Signature Guarantee Stamp

· To find out more about a Medallion Signature Guarantee and the financial institutions participating in the program click here

· All forms need to contain original signatures and be mailed to us at one of the mailing addresses provided on the forms

· This is only for non-IRA accounts to complete

The registration needs to be updated because…

Instructions and Forms I need

What else I need to know…

I want to gift my shares to an individual or charitable organization

· Account owners please complete the Change of Registration Form

· If the individual or charitable organization does not have a current account with us they must complete a New Account Application or New Entity Account Application

· All account owners or trustees must obtain a Medallion Signature Guarantee

· Gifting your shares does not generate a 1099-B and is not taxable

Before investing, consider the fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. Please call 800-304-7404 or visit for a prospectus or, if available, summary prospectus, containing this information. Read it carefully.

Mairs & Power Funds and its representatives do not provide tax or legal advice. Each individual's tax and financial situation is unique. Individuals should consult their tax and/or legal advisor for advice and information concerning their particular situation.